St. Stephen's Cathedral - Vienna, Austria
In Europe, they have big ol' Cathedrals. It's a thing they like to do.
Who knows, really?
Some say it's because of this thing called "religion". I'm not convinced.
Regardless, they put a ton of effort into these buildings, and visiting them is a must.
Some Cathedral Facts And Some Cathedral History
- Construction began in the 12th Century.
- The Cathedral is 107.2 meters long and 34.2 meters wide. (Whatever that means. I think a meter is like 40 yards. Don't quote me on that though.)
- The tallest tower is the South Tower is almost 450 feet tall. That's more than a football field! American football (the good kind).
- It was likely built on top of an Ancient Roman cemetery. Which seems like bad luck.
- St. Stephen is considered to be the first martyr of Christianity.
The more you know!
Now here are some pics of this Vienna marvel. Enjoy.